1/5/11

scriptures....

one of my goals is to read my scriptures. My father in law used to say "If I offered you $1000 to read the B of M in 2 months you would do it!" well duh. I want to LOVE them like my cute husband but I will be honest..... I don't. I want to STUDY them like he does. I don't. I want to want to read to my kids like he does every night..... I don't. Because I am making it a goal to read them this year and give up Diet coke (the more I put it out there the more it WILL happen) I wanted to post about it so I can be held accountable. I didn't want to put it on face book, cause that's just....weird.
SOOOOOOOO I promise to read every day something that will bring me closer to God. I really want to say my scriptures only BUT if I do that then I will never read my Sunday school lesson, my RS lesson, the Ensign or any other edifying material. So far I have read something every day to bring me closer to the Lord (even scriptures) and I feel my desire growing every time I do. (a little).
Last night I read this in Alma 37:6 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass....."

Maybe small and simple things like reading my scriptures......?

Why couldn't there be vampires in the scriptures? (don't think less of me)

No comments: