6/7/12

Reduce, reuse, recycle, recorder?

Max had a recorder performance at school last month to the song, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle".  I was going to have to miss it because of a doctors appointment.  When I told him he put on a brave face but he was upset.  He wiped his tears away and told me it was ok.  He told me my appointment was important and I needed to go to it.  He hopped out of the car with slumped shoulders and walked into school.  I knew he would be ok if I missed this little performance but there was something about his willingness to have me go to the doctor that made me want to go to his show even more.  It was an important Dr. appointment.  I called them and worked it out for a couple days later.  No harm no foul.  I  rushed to the school and got to hear the JAZZIEST rendition of "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" of my life!  My favorite was Max's face when he saw me!   I didn't get the excitement and surprise on camera......
 ........ just the sweet smile that his mom was there......
 ......then the XTRA hard focus to make sure he was playing his best for me!
 Then some more dis-belief that I came!  I sure love that kid!

No comments: