8/2/12

Mormon clean up day

Every year our stake does a "Mormon clean up day"!  They organize a huge clean up of an area.  Usually a park or a hiking trail or something.  It starts at breakfast and ends at lunch.  It's an awesome opportunity to work and serve!  
You can see on my kids faces.........
how much they um...... love it???  It is really hard these days to teach your kids about hard work.  Every year this rolls around I swear that we are going to send them to a farm or somewhere to teach them about REAL work.   For the most part, they are really good to help.  I have to remind myself that they are young.  BUT I get really grumpy because I feel like we are really really blessed and their are so many others who have so much less and who have to work SO much harder than we do.  WHEW!  Now that I got that off my chest!  
My kiddos are great!  They do love to serve.  One of Our  family mottos is (that is not one of their favorites)  "we work hard then we play hard"!  They do LOVE the play hard part!  I am really grateful to be a part of a church that teaches them about service and hard work.  I sure hope I can continue to instill that!   (I will admit though that the last 2 years of this particular project I was either sick or committed to something else....tee hee....funny how that works sometimes!)  ;)

No comments: