8/14/12

First Day of School 2012! Clear Eyes, Full Hearts........

 CAN'T LOSE!!!!!!
That is what we say every day at drop off.  I say "Clear eyes, full hearts" and the kids say back to me "can't lose"!  It sets us up for the day..... It's like our cheer!

Today is the First day of School.  It is WAAAAAY too early for them to be going back.  LAUSD had to get the whole state on the same schedule though so we had to go back early.  The high school and grade schools were all on different schedules.  Meh.  My kids are excited.  I am sad.  I'm always sad when they go back to school.  I hate that the school has them for more hours in the day than I do.  I hate that the year goes by so very fast and they are one year older.  I hate that life is going by so fast and I vow every year to enjoy it more and forget to do it until the beginning of the school year.  I hate that I question parenting as I send them out the door.  I hate that I cant' protect them.  Are the going to behave?   Are they going to make friends?  Will their teacher understand them and "get" their crazy wonderful personalities?  Will they be good examples?  I hate the new school year!  BUT I have no choice in the matter so I have to turn my frown upside-down and LOVE it!  SO I will bake our traditional COOKIES!  Pumpkin Chock Chips. for after school!  (Normally saved for Sept when school normally starts.....and the temps aren't 107 but hey we do what we gotta do!)  AND we will make some fun back to school packets for the teachers and secretaries...... a little love will help later and service always makes me feel better!  Now for the good part pictures of my babies!
                                                                  BACK TO SCHOOL 2012
                                                CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN'T LOSE!

Look at this smile!  ....... How do you let it go out the door!?    With a great big hug and a high five!
 and "Dueces" for the Second grade!
 and a little sister that will miss him so very much!
 Don't get me started and this beautiful sole!  Lipglossed lips and mascara on her top lashes!  No more little girl fashions.  It was a whole new shopping experience for me this year with her.  So much fun!  So much class and style.  I will miss her and pray for her all day.  Jr. High is brutal and I know she is ready but I am not.

 girlfriends to the end!
 the three amigos!

 The great Max B!  The best laugh in the world.  The sweetest kindest sole ever.  The peacemaker.  Oh how I will miss your spirit and hugs through out the day.  Ms Green is so lucky to get your calming spirit in her class!  Dang it!  Now I'm making myself cry all over again!


 I'm lucky to get to have this sweetie pie at home with me for a couple of years still!  People keep asking me why I don't have her in pre school.  Seriously?  That would just push me over the edge!  ;)  MAYBE next year......We'll see.    Here's to another great school year!!!!  CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN'T LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: