9/7/11

Clear Eyes! Full Heart! Can't Lose! First Day of School!

So these weirdos started school today! I was REALLY excited for that to happen! It has been a great summer and we have had a wonderful time together (obviously....who doesn't love wearing a diaper?) but I love me a good schedule and the kids were antsy and ready for the seasons to change and be back at school! SO we traded in our weird ........................and the left me alone with this little girl! Who thought she was going to school too! She had to have new clothes (on clearance at Wal-Mart for $1. Really? $1 I felt stupid not buying it), new shoes (she needed them or she wouldn't have gotten them and they were on sale too) and a new back pack. (not needed)

Clear Eyes................A very serious 3rd grader. (he had some smile pictures too but I couldn't pick and I loved this one the best!) He was excited about his teacher but his "worstest enemy" is in his class (Elizabeth) I think she may be a super model or something. I don't know why she is his worstest enemy but she just one day was and now she is in his class. 3rd grade is hard.
Full Hearts................My super excited 1st grader! Ready to roll. The 1st one up and dressed. Helped me with breakfast and packed his own snack. I am really gonna miss this one. He is going to have a GREAT year this year! He REALLY wants to learn to Read better!
Can't Lost..............My big 5th grader. 5th grade here is the top grade. The last grade before middle school. I don't like that one bit. She does though. She has a great teacher. A tough one but really great. She really gets them ready for middle school and helps them with organization. Darby is a huge help at home and I forget how much she helps me until she is not here. :( I remember the 1st day I took her to kindergarten. The principal brought them up and introduced the class of 2019 (I think). I laughed because it seemed sooooo far off. She said "you will remember me saying this as they walk across to accept their high school diploma." I called my mom to tell her how silly that was. She said she remembered thinking that exact thing on my graduation day! WHAT!!?!? But here I send Darby off to her 1st day of her last year of grade school. It FLEW by! I JUST sent her to kindergarten like yesterday! It really does go soooooo fast. SO as much as I LOVE the new school year and I LOVE sending them off and getting back on track it is one year closer to sending her off to college! So I cried. and I'm still crying. because I miss them. all of them.
It's gonna be a great year though! Tons of fun and learning and new things! I'm excited for my kids and anxious and thrilled. We are truly blessed to live where we do and they get to go to school and learn. They are happy and safe and healthy. (Knock on wood.:) SO Let's have a GREAT year Y'all! CLEAR EYES! FULL HEARTS! CAN'T LOSE!

4 comments:

Sharlynn said...

You are such a great mom and great at being positive. I love it. Cute kids too!!! I think Max might have a crush on his worstest enemy ever and that is why he calls her his worst enemy. :)

Mandie said...

Um...hello! Juliet is totally your mini-me!!!
And OMG look how big those kids are! Time marches on...
Miss you guys!

Abbey said...

LOVE the Friday Night Lights reference!! Greatness...

Nicholas Feilding said...

Well a great Mum and fantastic family. The photo of your kids in diapers really cracks me up! By all means, use it as a means to embarrass the boys on their prom night or when they bring their first g/fs home. Although, please please I beg you to spare Darby's blushes and only show the photo to close family - after-all she is about 9 years old in the photo and I'm sure the poor girl would die of embarrassment if another boy saw it!!